What features should be added to this tool?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Please submit suggestions.
Jan 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM
It seems that SSL is not yet supported? Most of my SharePoint projected are hosted on SSL.

So my suggestion is :-) : Support for SSL
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM
SSL is now supported!
Mar 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Suggestion:
Allow editing of properties...
Mar 11, 2009 at 3:20 AM
First let me say thank you for this tool.  I use it everyday and I would be lost without it.
One thing I ran into today while trying to use the owssvr url request is that I'm only getting the top level folders returned.  Is there a way that SPUD could have another interface to help create more advanced owssvr url's ?  I have searched for two days on how to handle folders and subfolders using owssvr but I can't find anything. 
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Which properties would you like to be able to update? 
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM
What are you looking to do with the owssvr request, get all items, get items just for a given folder?
Mar 17, 2009 at 4:42 AM
I am working with a SharePoint Picture Library.  I would like to be able to use the owssvr request to return all items in the picture library.  So far I have only been able to return the top level folders. 
Mar 17, 2009 at 4:49 AM
How about a Linq to XML generator?  Sounds a little ambitious maybe?
Jun 15, 2009 at 5:39 PM

First, thank you. This is the first tool like this that I have found that does not need to be run on the server.

Is there any chance you would be willing to share the solution with us so we can learn (more easily) from how you did what you have done?

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 11:58 PM

You can download the full solution on the "Source Code" tab for this project, and to help understand the design, here is a blog post I did: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnwpowell/archive/2009/01/03/consume-sharepoint-web-services-with-wcf-using-the-repository-gateway-mapper-domain-model-and-factory-design-patterns.aspx

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Include support for Basic Authentication.

Due to my circumstances, thats what I have to use (With SSL) and the tool doesnt work :(  I love it in my test environment however.

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:31 AM

The site I am at requires proxy authentication and so I cannot access the SP site using this tool, I assume it was developed with Visual Studio 2008 as I cannot open the code in the 2005 version I have?

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Great Tool ! Thx, i'm using it to get the CAML to run in Reporting Service and it would be greate if the complete CAML for the GetListItems could get displayed (including the List and View Part)

Aug 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Does the code support authenticating over kerberos? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I have not tested the tool with Kerberos, but it should be a matter of configuring the WCF client.  Are you getting an error message?